Monday, March 2, 2015

Living our faded history

Are they human? Were they born from man and woman? They are created to destroy, kill, displace, burn, and do all type of cruel some acts...

I can't imagine that our ancient Assyrian art pieces are gone, manuscripts of 5000 B.C are burnt in trash cans. Not to mention the expulsion of all Christians from the city of Mosul.

Watching this video made me bitterly crying, I felt useless couldn't stand up and defend our great grandfathers' land, civilization, culture and churches...






That video motivated me in someway, I am in the process of decorating my house that we bought recently and I thought of buying everything that is related to the Lamassu (Human-headed winged bull) that was smashed last week, I would buy whatever I can find that suits my house and reminds me always of our ancient and great Assyrian history...


Design Toscana is one of the websites that sell elegant furniture, statues, memorials, wall arts, ..etc. I found couple of pieces as you can see below:




I will teach my kids about beautiful Iraq once upon a time, I will not share any bad memories of what is happening now there...

Let them picture Iraq as it was mentioned in the old books.

I would like to say special thanks to all Museums in Europe for keeping our stolen ancient artifacts at their locations, taking care of them as if they were originally  established there. You guys appreciate history!



No comments:

Post a Comment